Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Its about a person for whom i thought I cannot live a day without

All my life I have been thinking that my dad is indispensable and nothing is there which can affect him
but things changed when I start growing up.I saw him getting weaker day by day in front of my eyes as the age was the
significant factor which I can easily see in his face.It pains you a lot when you see your dad who was your childhood super hero getting weaker.
And one fine day you know that he is no more in this world with half of wishes unfolded ,without seeing the happiness of the life after the interval ;the happiness you get once you are retired and your sons are capable enough to serve you.
On this day today I get reminded of a incident ,
On Feb 2002 the mobiles were in and like any other spoiled college going guy I wanted it .I was fascinated by something so handy that can be your style statement like the rich guys of the college.
I asked my dad to buy it for me ..the worth of that Nokia mobile was 3600/- Rs and I told my dad that I can manage with a second hand mobile but I need to buy it.
He told me ok we will get it for you ,I was excited about it .He worked extra hours to fulfill the wish of his son and to be a good father which he always was.
I got that mobile and I used to give him a call every day with that mobile ,than at one night i got a call from my home that dad is not well and I need to rush back to home.
I prayed the whole way to all the possible Gods i remember to make him perfect again .The time I reached there he was no more ...it was 13 march night 2002
My Mom a week after this told me that dad cried a lot by my words of adjusting with a second hand mobile ,as he thought that he passed his complete life using second hand things and adjusting .He doesn't want that to happen to his son.I felt sinking inside after hearing all this and i realized that how much he loved me and i didn't understood his love .
Today Sep 2006 I am working with the company of which i bough that second hand mobile that is Nokia ,I have been given a very decent position in my company where the basic perks means the latest handset of Nokia .I buy handset and change them .i guess God has done some justification with me by making me capable to fulfill my dads wishes that i don't buy second hand things anymore .Today I am to late to show my dad what i have achieved ,but every part of his there in me ..i feel him as my strength I just want to say to him that "Papa aapne jo diya chahe woh first hand hai ya second wo pyaar se diya and i am proud to have that whatever i have achieved could never been possible without those second hand things.The meaning and importance of the gifts is way more than the price value".

2 comments:

  1. I do not know whether i should comment on this write-up since it is a personal one but nevertheless i must say that 'a passionate write-up which catches a reader's attention span till the last word'. - Samayita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sudhanshu - really touched me this blog. Keep writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers